Tuesday, August 26, 2008

The first batch of Aprons - DONE!

Before I start giving these away to my darling friends, I wanted to post my handiwork. I got the bug to sew aprons a few weeks ago, and I've had a blast putting fabrics together, tinkering with hems and sashes... I went into this project with the idea that these would be fun gifts for my lovely girlfriends. As they came together, I could tell which one of my friends they belong to.



This was my first attempt - it will be sent to my sister-in-law Kendra out in California. She is the most laid back mom of two I've ever met. I adored hanging out with her at 4th of July. I only wish she was closer.












This one is the Carol... I think it suits my mom wonderfully, it is classy, flirty and girlie, just like her. I LOVE reversible aprons - you only have to wash them once BOTH sides are dirty. :)
















This looks like something my friend Amie would love - she looks fantastic in red, and her cooking is amazing.
















I can see Elaine wearing this when she is whipping up some of her famous dip. I love the fortune cookies on this - it reminds me of our favorite restaurant - Green Tea!














Next is darling Cindy, a girlie girl through and through - I think the beachy plaid and polka dots would suit her.











I made this one with my son's Mimi in mind - Becky is the most wonderful southern cook. She'd give Paula Deen a run for her money, her biscuits are divine.
















This is my "pirate-meets-samurai" apron. I can't part with this one, sorry ladies. In fact, I wore this last night while I was making dinner. Doesn't the red sash just make you want to say "Argh"?

No comments: